Products may cause harm because they are defectively made, or because their labeling is insufficient. As consumers, we all rely on well-designed, carefully designed products in our day-to-day lives (for example, to have safe, efficient, and reliable transportation, we need safe car or truck to assist us in avoiding accidents and to help us survive accidents with fewer and less severe injuries).
Unfortunately, each year, thousands of people are injured by products that have been defectively manufactured, flawed by design, or are inherently dangerous due to inadequate instructions or warnings. Often, unnecessary injuries could have been avoided if the manufacturer or designer simply provided minimal additional safeguards or adequate instructions or warnings. Sometimes, manufacturers knowingly continue to sell dangerous products to unsuspecting consumers. In many cases, the manufacturer has been aware of problems for years, even decades, but left the product in the stream of commerce without correcting the defect or warning the public. A defective product, whether the result of a dangerously defective design or a manufacturing flaw, often causes catastrophic injuries, or death, to unsuspecting users of the product.
If you have been injured by a dangerous or defective product, a “products liability” case can be filed against a variety of parties involved in the manufacturing, distribution, promotion, and sale of the product. Liable parties may include the general manufacturer, a component part manufacturer, an assembling manufacturer, the wholesaler, the product’s promoters, and the retail seller of the product.
Our firm has handled numerous defective product cases involving a wide range of defects. If a manufacturer will not voluntarily take responsibility for defects associated with their unsafe product, we are well-prepared through litigation to legally force them to do so. Virtually any product has the potential to cause significant or catastrophic injury, such as:
- Automobile Design Defect (crashworthiness; etc.)
- Automobile Component Defects (air bags; seatbelts; seatbacks; tires, wheels, etc.)
- JUUL E-cigarette “vaping” injuries
- Dangerous Drugs (Truvada; Invokana, Farxiga and Jardiance)
- Defective Medical Devices (Paraquat Herbicide; Paragard Birth Control Device; Allergan Textured Breast Implants; Essure Birth Control device; “RoundUp” Weedkiller)
- Child Car Restraints
- Recreational Products
- Machinery, Heavy Equipment & Tools (Saws; Presses; Mowers; Tractors; Forklifts; etc.)
- Heavy Equipment (etc.)
- Household Products (Pressure Cookers; Talcum Baby Powder/”Shower-to-Shower”)
- Industrial Machines (Punch-presses; etc.)
- Occupational Exposure (Paraquat Herbicide; Benzene; Glyphosate [“Roundup” Weedkiller]; etc.)
If you have been the victim of a defective product and suffered injury, call us at 1-866-252-3535 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.