Products may cause harm because they are defectively made, or because their labeling is insufficient. As consumers, we all rely on well-designed, carefully designed products in our day-to-day lives (for example, to have safe, efficient, and reliable transportation, we need safe car or truck to assist us in avoiding accidents and to help us survive accidents with fewer and less severe injuries).
Unfortunately, each year, thousands of people are injured by products that have been defectively manufactured, flawed by design, or are inherently dangerous due to inadequate instructions or warnings. Often, unnecessary injuries could have been avoided if the manufacturer or designer simply provided minimal additional safeguards or adequate instructions or warnings. Sometimes, manufacturers have continued to sell dangerous products to unsuspecting consumers which are defective and not fit for their ordinary and intended use in accordance with the reasonable expectations of ordinary consumers. In many cases, the manufacturer has been aware of problems for years, even decades, but left millions of these products in the stream of commerce, without correcting the defect or warning the public. A defective product, whether the result of a dangerously defective design or a manufacturing flaw, often causes catastrophic injuries, or death, to unsuspecting users of the product.
If you have been injured by a dangerous or defective product, a “products liability” case can be filed against a variety of parties involved in the manufacturing, distribution, promotion, and sale of the product. Liable parties may include the general manufacturer, a component part manufacturer, an assembling manufacturer, the wholesaler, the product’s promoters, and the retail seller of the product.
Our firm has handled a number of defective product cases involving a wide range of defects. If a manufacturer will not voluntarily take responsibility for defects associated with their unsafe product, we are well-prepared through litigation to legally force them to do so. Virtually any product has the potential to cause significant or catastrophic injury, such as:
- Automobile Design Defect (crashworthiness; etc.)
- Automobile Component Defects (air bags; seatbelts; seatbacks; etc.)
- JUUL E-cigarette “vaping” injuries
- Dangerous Drugs (Actemra; Abilify; Zostavax; Xeljanz; Lyrica; Truvada; Viagra; Xarelto; Saxenda; Eliquis; Invokana and Invokamet; Farxiga and Jardiance; Onglyza and Nesina; Paxil; Zoloft; Depakote; Topamax; Avandia; Yaz and Yasmin; Rezulin; Baycol; Zyprexa; Seroquel; Celebrex; Bextra; Stadol; Reglan; Vioxx; Trasylol; Digitek; Accutane; etc.)
- Defective Medical Devices (Allergan Textured Breast Implants; Essure Birth Control device; “RoundUp” Weedkiller; Taclum Powder; Stӧckert 3T Heater-Cooler System; Ethicon “Physiomesh” Hernia Patch; Atrium C-Qur Hernia Mesh; Orbera & ReShape Gastric Balloons; Bard [Daval] “3DMax” Hernia Mesh patch and “PerFix” Hernia Mesh “plug”; 3M Bair Hugger warming blanket; IVC Filters)
- Child Car Restraints
- Tires and Wheels
- Recreational Products
- Machinery and Tools (Lawnmowers; Saws; Mowers; etc.)
- Heavy Equipment (Construction; Farming; Manufacturing; etc.)
- Household Products (Talcum Powder [Baby Powder/”Shower-to-Shower”])
- Industrial Machines (Punch-presses; etc.)
- Occupational Exposure (Benzene; Glyphosate [“Roundup” Weedkiller]; etc.)
We have successfully represented the victims of a wide variety of defective products throughout the United States. If you have been the victim of a defective product, and have suffered injury, you may be entitled to damages for lost wages, physical injury, pain and suffering. Call us at 1-866-252-3535 or contact us online by submitting the form to the right.
- Public Citizen
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission