Automobile accidents are one of the leading causes of personal injury in the United States, with thousands of people being killed and millions injured. If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident, it makes sense to retain an experienced law firm to protect your legal rights. Vehicular accident injury victims are entitled to compensation for property damage (car repairs), medical bills, lost wages, mental anguish, physician pain and suffering, permanent injury, disability, disfigurement, and sometimes punitive damages.
To complicate matters further, insurance companies are often unwilling to pay injured victims the compensation victims are entitled to, using attorneys and investigators to minimize their liability and make recovery very difficult. Insurance companies have one set of procedures for handling claims by individuals not represented by an auto accident lawyer and a different set of rules for claims in which the victim has a car accident attorney. An individual represented by an experienced attorney stands a better chance at obtaining fair compensation for their injuries – people rarely maximize their recovery by handling their claim alone.
Commercial trucks (18-wheelers) typically weigh about 80,000 pounds when fully loaded with cargo (versus the average passenger car which weighs about 3000
pounds). Basic laws of physics dictate that a collision involving a commercial vehicle will likely result in catastrophic injuries. Approximately 10% of all those injured in a large truck crash will die. Large trucks are more likely to be involved in multiple-vehicle crashes than are passenger cars. Thus, while commercial truck drivers may make efforts to exercise safety in their operations, commercial trucking remains inherently dangerous.
We understand the intricacies of motor vehicle accident litigation, and our expertise is advantageous to our clients. Through experience, we have learned how to obtain favorable results for our clients. We work hard to protect our clients’ interests, and are well-versed in:
- Applicable “rules of the road” (laws governing vehicle operation)
- Duties imposed on motor vehicle operators (private, public, and commercial}
- Complex scientific and engineering principles (the cause of an accident and the resulting injuries)
- Medical evidence (proving damages)
- The economics of accurately evaluating injuries and damages
Our firm handles a wide variety of motor vehicular accident cases:
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents (Semi-truck, eighteen wheeler, and tractor trailer crashes)
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Cases
- “Dram Shop” Actions and Intoxicated Drivers (Drugs and Alcohol)
- Hit and run accidents
- Rear end collisions and intersection accidents
- Rollover accidents involving cars, trucks, SUVs and other motor vehicles
- Defective Intersection & Roadway Design
- Negligent Entrustment of a Vehicle
If you or a loved one has been injured in any type of motor vehicle accident, consult with an attorney with experience in vehicle accident cases; contact us. We work hard to ensure our clients receive fair treatment under the law and are adequately compensated for the injuries they have suffered.
- U.S. Department of Transportation
- U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Alabama Department of Transportation
- Mississippi Dept. of Transportation
- Georgia Department of Transportation
- Tennessee Department of Transportation