Birmingham Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
When pedestrians are stuck by motor vehicles the results are often deadly. Survivors can suffer permanent debilitating injuries. Driver negligence is often to blame for pedestrian accidents, but other factors such as dangerous intersection design can play a major role. Jackson & Tucker’s Birmingham pedestrian accident attorneys will thoroughly investigate your accident and pursue every avenue of compensation so that you and your family can recover the money you need and deserve.
We represent injured accident victims in Birmingham and throughout Alabama and the South.
Pedestrian Accident Locations
A driver’s duty to watch out for pedestrians does not end when they leave the public roadway. Pedestrian accidents can happen anywhere that cars and people on foot can come together, even in places where vehicles should never be found. Locations where pedestrian accidents occur include:
- Railroad crossings
- Bus stops
- School zones
- Shoulder of the road
- Bike paths
- Parking lots and parking structures
- Loading and unloading zones
- Freeway on-ramps and exit ramps
- Overpasses and bridges
Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrians are often struck by drivers who fail to use caution, as a result of poor roadway or parking lot design, or a combination of the two. Causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Malfunctioning traffic signal
- Faulty streetlights or lack of streetlights in areas where pedestrians are likely to be present
- Poorly designed or improperly marked crosswalk
- Unmarked or improperly marked construction zones
- Poorly designed intersection or bus top
- Poorly designed parking lot
- Poor or faulty lighting in parking lots and parking garages
- Construction zones in pedestrian areas without a marked and safe pedestrian detour
- Defective vehicle
- Driver negligence
Examples of the types of driver negligence that often leads to a pedestrian accident include:
- Violation of pedestrians’ right of way in crosswalks
- Improper passing of school buses
- Failure to check blind spots before backing up
- Failure to obey traffic signals
- Failure to use turn signals
- Distracted driving
- Excessive speed
- Failure to use caution in areas where children are known to be present
- Failure to use caution in construction zones
- Failure to use caution when passing vehicles stopped on the side of the road
Hit and Run Pedestrian Accidents
If you or someone you love was injured in a hit and run accident you may be worried that there is no way for you to receive the compensation that you need to pay for medical bills and the long term costs of your injuries.
Jackson & Tucker is known for finding creative ways to recover for our clients. We will thoroughly investigate your accident, and we may be able to identify and locate the driver who hit you. We will identify every source of compensation for you, even if the driver cannot be found or was not insured.
To learn more about your rights and how we can help you and your family after a pedestrian accident, please call us at 1-866-252-3535 or contact us online right away.