A burn injury is a “catastrophic injury” by nature due to the extreme physical and emotional consequences. They can be so severe so severe that victims withdraw from society and loved ones. As experienced injury lawyers, we understand the challenges you face and will help you recover the maximum compensation possible for your injuries.
If you or someone you love has suffered a burn injury, you need the help of attorneys experienced in handling burn injury cases, and we handle them throughout Alabama and the Southeast.
Some of the causes of burn injuries are:
- Auto accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Industrial accidents
- Defective products that start fires, directly cause burns, or fail to protect against them (inadequate fire escapes or fire safety equipment, faulty some detectors or fire extinguishers)
- Nursing Home and Medical Errors
Whenever possible burn injury victims should be treated in a burn center or burn unit since they can easily turn fatal. Associated initial physical dangers of burn injuries include:
- Fluid imbalance
- Respiratory distress
- Infections, including Sepsis & Tetanus
Those who survive the initial dangers associated with severe burns face a long road to recovery, often suffering permanent disabilities and disfigurement. Consequences of burn injury can include:
- Skin grafts
- Scarring & Disfigurement causing Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) & Mental Anguish
- Chronic Pain
- Permanent Physical Impairment such as loss of use and diminished mobility involving the affected area, sometimes requiring full time assistance at home or in a long-term care facility
- Severe Infections
- Nerve, Organ & Respiratory Damage
- Physical Therapy to restore mobility and range of motion
Severe disfigurement can prevent burn injury survivors from returning to work, even if they are physically capable, because employers and the general public still discriminate based on the victims appearance.
If you have suffered a burn injury anywhere in Alabama or the Southeast, do not wait until it is too late to get legal help. Call us at 1-866-252-3535 or contact us online today to schedule your free consultation and find out how we can help you recover maximum compensation for your injuries.