UPDATE: At this time we are ONLY investigating cases where frequent users of “RoundUp” were diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, which may include: multiple myeloma, diffuse B-cell lymphoma, lymphocytic lymphoma, follicullar/hairy-cell leukemia, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), mantle-cell, cutaneous T-cell, and small lymphocytic lymphoma (SLL).
Please take a moment to visit the US Geological Survey page on Glyphosate use in the United States.
“PAN, the Pesticide Action Network International, issued a 96-page report dated October 2016 titled ‘GLYPHOSATE’ that every person on the planet ought to be concerned about … .” –
Glyphosate Contaminates the Global Ecosystem – READ MORE
UPDATE: (March 2017) – “Newly unsealed court documents released earlier today seemingly reveal a startling effort on the part of both Monsanto and the EPA to kill and/or discredit independent cancer research.”
• Donna Farmer, Monsanto’s lead toxicologist, admitted in a deposition that she “cannot say that Roundup does not cause cancer” because “[w]e [Monsanto] have not done the carcinogenicity studies with Roundup.”
• In a 2009 email Ms. Farmer stated, “you cannot say that Roundup does not cause cancer … we have not done carcinogenicity studies with ‘Roundup’ ”.
• During an April 2015 phone conversation, former EPA Deputy Division Director Jess Rowland assured a Monsanto regulatory affairs manager, who recounted the conversation in an email to his colleagues, that as the “chair of the CARC”, his “folks were running [the] process for glyphosate” review and he would try and “kill” any potentially damaging research – “if I can kill this I should get a medal”.
UPDATE: (Feb. 2017) – Judge Finally Drops Cancer Bomb on Monsanto – Fresno County (CA) Superior Court Judge Kristi Kapetan recently struck down Monsanto’s attempt to overturn California’s 2015 ruling to require cancer warnings on glyphosate.
What’s worse? It seems that efforts are being made within the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to play “political conniving games with the science” to favor RoundUp manufacturer Monsanto despite longtime EPA toxicologist Marion Copley’s findings that “it is essentially certain that glyphosate causes cancer.” The internal document is quite shocking:
Roundup has been associated with Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, a cancer that starts in the immune system. Studies have found higher rates of this cancer in farm-workers in Canada, Sweden, and the United States who were exposed to large amounts of Roundup:
- International Journal of Cancer (October 2008): Swedish study concluded that exposure to glyphosate doubled the risk of developing non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma within less than 10 years.
- Occupational and Environmental Medicine (September 2003): American study of over 3,400 farmworkers in the midwest found they were 60% more likely to have non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma after glyphosate exposure.
- Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers (November 2001): Canadian study found a dose-response relationship between glyphosate exposure and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma in people exposed at least 10 days per year; the greater the exposure to glyphosate (‘RoundUp’), the higher the rate of NHL.
UPDATE: (Jan. 2017) – Roundup causes non-alcoholic fatty liver disease at very low doses – The weedkiller Roundup causes non-alcoholic fatty liver disease at very low doses per mitted by regulators worldwide, a new peer-reviewed study shows. The study is the first ever to show a causative link between consumption of Roundup at a real-world environmentally relevant dose and a serious disease.
The new peer-reviewed study, led by Dr Michael Antoniou at King’s College London, used cutting-edge profiling methods to describe the molecular composition of the livers of female rats fed an extremely low dose of Roundup weedkiller, which is based on the chemical glyphosate, over a 2-year period.
The dose of glyphosate from the Roundup administered was thousands of times below what is permitted by regulators worldwide.
The study revealed that these animals suffered from non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD).
This is ridiculous = FDA Finds Monsanto’s Weed Killer in U.S. Honey
THIS is unacceptable = Glyphosate Found in Childhood Vaccines
Roundup is a herbicide used to control many varieties of invasive exotic plants. Glyphosate, the primary ingredient in Roundup, inhibits a specific enzyme called EPSP synthase, which plants need to grow. Without EPSP synthase, plants are unable to produce other proteins essential to growth, so they wither and die over a period of days or weeks. Since most plants require EPSP synthase, almost all forms of vegetation succumb to Roundup.
Even before Roundup was approved in the 1970s, Monsanto hired a company called Bio-Test Laboratories to attest to the safety of Roundup. However, in 1976, a federal investigation of Bio-Test showed that the company was guilty of “routine falsification of data” in Roundup tests to downplay or hide links between glyphosate and cancer. In the end, a number of Bio-Test officials were convicted of fraud—but Roundup had already been approved.
In 1985, an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) committee found that Roundup may cause cancer, according to the New York Times. Six years later, the agency reversed itself after re-evaluating the study that it had based its original conclusion on. That same year, Monsanto hired Craven Laboratories to conduct additional testing on Roundup in an attempt to prove that glyphosate does not cause cancer. Again, investigations showed that Craven Laboratories tests on Roundup were deeply flawed and that data was falsified. Again, company officials were convicted of fraud in the matter.
Now the issue is back again. In March 2015, the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), which is the cancer research arm of the World Health Organization (WHO), issued a report published in The Lancet Oncology which declared that the glyphosate contained in Roundup is “probably carcinogenic to humans”. A major scientific review published in April 2014 by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) suggests chemical pesticides—particularly glyphosate, the main active ingredient in Monsanto’s Roundup – play a major role in fueling the cancer epidemic; specifically, people exposed to Roundup have double the risk of developing non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL).
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma attacks the lymphatic system when lymphocytes, white blood cells that are part of the immune system, become cancerous. It can develop in any part of the lymphatic system, such as lymph nodes, the spleen, in bone marrow, or the digestive tract. There are more than 30 various sub-types of non-Hodgkin’s disease, and the treatment and prognosis for each type may result in different outcomes for individuals exposed to glyphosate.
Symptoms of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL) from glyphosate exposure may include:
- Lymph Node Enlargement
- Swollen Abdomen
- Swelling in the Neck, Armpits or Groin
- Chest Pain
- Difficulty Breathing or Shortness of Breath
- Fever, Fatigue, Anemia or Tired Feelings
- Sudden Weight Loss
Those most at risk of developing cancer associated with heavy exposure to glyphosate-containing weed-killers include:
- Independent Farmers
- Commercial Farm Workers
- Professional Turf Managers
- Agricultural Field Workers
- Gardeners (including nursery & garden center workers)
- Parks & Recreation Workers
- Forestry Workers
We are currently investigating situations where frequent users of RoundUp were diagnosed non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, which may include: multiple myeloma, diffuse B-cell lymphoma, lymphocytic lymphoma, follicullar/hairy-cell leukemia, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), mantle-cell, cutaneous T-cell, and small lymphocytic lymphoma (SLL).
If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with any form of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma after frequent exposure to Roundup contact us online or call us at 1-866-252-3535.
Products Containing Glyphosate:
- Roundup Ultra®, Roundup Pro®, Accord®, Honcho®, Pondmaster®, Protocol®, Rascal®, Expedite®, Ranger®, Bronco®, Campain®, Landmaster®, and Fallow Master® by Monsanto
- Glyphomax®, Glypro®, Rodeo® by Dow AgroSciences
- Glyphosate herbicide by Du Pont
- Silhouette® by Cenex/Land O’Lakes
- Rattler® by Helena
- MirageR® by Platte
- JuryR® by Riverside/Terra
- Touchdown® by Zeneca