Alabama Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Motorcycle accident survivors and the loved ones of those who have been in killed in fatal crashes face very difficult challenges. You need the full and fair compensation you deserve and to get it you need the help of motorcycle accident attorneys who are dedicated to obtaining justice for you.
We represent people injured in motorcycle accidents in Alabama and throughout the Southeast.
Challenges in Motorcycle Accident Claims
We understand and know how to overcome the unique challenges that motorcycle accident victims and their loved ones face when pursuing compensation, including:
- Bias against bikers which you may encounter at every step, from EMTs, law enforcement and witnesses on the scene through judges, jury members, and others involved in your case
- No witnesses or unreliable witnesses, including victim’s inability to remember the accident due to brain injury
- Jury members who do not ride and do not understand how motorcycle accidents occur
- Difficulty proving the value of a custom bike
- Severe or catastrophic injuries
Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Because motorcycle riders are completely exposed motorcycle accidents are far more likely to cause catastrophic or fatal injuries than car accidents. Motorcycle accident victims frequently incur one or more of the following:
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injury
- Severe road rash
- Knee injury
- Broken bones and fractures
- Severe burns from fuel-fed fires
- Soft tissue injuries
- Facial injuries
- Eye injuries
- Exposure injuries, including frostbite, severe sunburn, and dehydration
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Collisions with other vehicles are usually caused by negligent drivers who violate motorcyclists’ right of way, often never even seeing the motorcycle because so many drivers simply do not look for motorcycles. Common examples include:
- Car making a left-hand turn into the path of a motorcycle
- Car hitting motorcycle while changing lanes
- Unsafe lane change not hitting the motorcycle but forcing the motorcyclist to make evasive maneuvers resulting in a crash
Single vehicle motorcycle accidents can be caused by a motorcycle defect or defective roadway.
Single Vehicle Motorcycle Accidents
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a single vehicle motorcycle accident, the first thing our attorneys need to do is investigate to make sure that it was indeed a single vehicle crash, not a hit and run. Quite often, motorcycle accident survivors do not remember the events leading up to the crash because of their injuries and the conclusions drawn by law enforcement are not reliable.
After that, we need to determine if a defective motorcycle or defective roadway caused or contributed to your accident. Whether you accident was a hit and run or a single vehicle accident, defects point to sources of compensation in accidents where there is no negligent driver, the driver cannot be located or the driver was uninsured.
If you have been injured or lost someone in a motorcycle accident anywhere in the Southeast, we can help. Please call us at 1-866-252-3535 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation.